Sunday, June 5, 2011

Start Your Engines

A few years back--in a previous life before circumstances led me to earn my commercial driver's license (CDL) and head out as an over-the-road truck driver to earn my living--I immersed myself into financial education, learning the "secrets" of the wealthy. These secrets covered topics about making money, keeping money, and what to do with it once you made it and kept it. At that time, I tried to follow those secrets, but in my eagerness did them wrong and failed miserably. (Hence my trucking career.) Now that I've had time to reflect on those failures (and believe me, on this job you have lots of time for reflection), I'm ready to give it another go. But this time, it's not about me. It's about YOU!

You see, the more I learned during my financial education, and then thought about it in the intervening years, the more convinced I became that all this information should not be kept secret. Everyone needs to know all this stuff so we all can start up the road to prosperity. So I'm making it my job, my quest, my responsibility to build a convoy of as many people as possible who want (and/or need) to ease their financial burdens and get rolling on that road.

In this blog I'm going to present that information you need to know and chronicle the convoy's progress. I invite you to be a regular contributor via the comments feature of the blog. Ask questions and give us updates about what you're doing to improve your financial future and how it's coming along.

Now a couple of caveats about me and this blog:
  • I don't claim to be an expert in finances and wealth-building. I'm just a regular guy who has read quite a bit about it, recognizes its importance, and has a passion to spread the word. I can't guarantee that the information I give you will lead to your own personal prosperity. That will depend on your own efforts.
  • I can't promise any kind of regular schedule in posting to this blog. With my trucking job come very irregular periods of enough down time to compose coherent essays. But I'll post when I can, because I do want us all to succeed, and sooner is always better.
Thanks for checking out the Prosperity Convoy. I do hope you'll start up your engine and join us on the on ramp to the road to financial security.

No comments:

Post a Comment